The human genome project was a 15 year long publicly funded project initiated in 1990 with the objective of determining the dna sequence of the entire euchromatic . Related resources refseq reference sequences for genomes transcripts proteins and more sequence read archive sra human next generation sequence ngs . While capillary sequencing was the first approach to successfully sequence a nearly full human genome it is still too expensive and takes too long for commercial . A 291 billion base pair bp consensus sequence of the euchromatic portion of the human genome was generated by the whole genome shotgun sequencing method the 148 . Introduction to the human genome project published by the national human genome research institute this brief overview is aimed at students teachers and
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.